13th January, 2014
Dear Parents,
I understand that some parents are concerned about the number of pupils in Nursery since January.
We are registered for 78 pupils of which there are 43 at present. As you will see this is well under the standard number.
The ratio of adults to pupils should, as recommended by Government, EYFS, be no more than 1:13. Our ratio is less than 1:11.
I understand that there is also congestion in the cloakrooms which can cause upset to both pupils and parents. May I clarify that there is flexible opening for Nursery, 8.45 to 9.00am, which might help alleviate the distress to you all.
I hope things become easier in the mornings, as the weather improves, the children mature and get used to Nursery.
I can assure you that there is high quality guidance and support, teaching and learning in our Early Years Unit in line with our Outstanding Ofsted Judgment.
Should you need to discuss this further do not hesitate to contact me.
Many thanks for your support.