Friday, 16 January 2015

12th January, 2015 

Dear Parents,

 

Happy New Year.  I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

 

I would just like to remind you about school closures in the event of snow and the possibility that emergency vehicles will not be able to attend our School in a reasonable time, notice of closures will be via –

 

 

Closures will be kept to the absolute minimum, but the safety of the Pupils, Parents and Staff is a priority.  Judgements for closures are made as early as possible so I hope you bear with us. 

 

I would also like to reinforce the importance of your child wearing a fluorescent jacket (or having some fluro material in their school coat)  The mornings, in particular, are so dark and safety is so important, especially in light of the fact that we still do not have a crossing patrol.  Please park carefully in the vicinity of school. 

 

Staff would also appreciate your child wearing a hat (named) as the wind has been so icy of late. (Sometimes hoods blow off as they run)  It is particularly important that hats are worn on swimming days. 

 

I have also been asked to remind Parents/Carers to read regularly with your child at home, as daily reading for fun helps your child progress.  I apologise to those Parents/Carers who read regularly with their child already.

 

Just to let you know that £97.99 was raised at the Christmas Tree Festival.  These monies are due to be forwarded to Diabetes UK towards important research.

 

Please find attached an updated Safeguarding Leaflet for Parents (information only).

 

Please also find attached a Calendar of forthcoming events in School.  This is not exhaustive and subject to change.

                                                                  

Yours sincerely,

 

 

 

 

 

 

Miss Helen R. Watt

Headteacher